C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 1, 2016

Strip Fusing

So far in the fusing class we've been fusing shapes on to a base fabric and playing with leaves. This weeks "Focus on Fusing" lesson is strip fusing.  Rather than fusing shapes onto a base fabric...we are slightly overlapping strips of fabric and fusing a seam of sorts. As you can see...some of my strips have fused parts also. It's actually quite fun and somewhat addicting.....and pretty easy to overdo. I'll have to keep that in check.  I think it will look even better when I add some borders and do some top stitching or quilting and maybe a bit of embellishment.


And...I can start to see how the pieces and parts of what we have been making can start working together to form an art quilt. I'll keep you posted!





2 comments: