C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Delivery Day

I spent my morning on a little fabric fusing project (which I'll write about tomorrow) and I spent my afternoon driving through Boston with Anita and Joan to deliver the craft supplies I mentioned yesterday to their new home. Our destination was the Russell Elementary School in Dorchester, MA. Our church has an ongoing relationship with the school supporting them in a variety of ways, so I knew it was where I wanted my surplus of supplies to go. It was so much fun meeting Jen, the new art teacher, and I hope to stay in touch and look for ways I can continue to be a resource.
The school was bright, colorful, and inviting...maybe some day I'll see it full of kids.








The current projects on display in Jen's classroom are based on the book "the dot"....one of my favorites. If you haven't read it I highly recommend it....along with its companion book "ish" by Peter Reynolds. They are both sweet simple stories about finding and nurturing your inner artist and empowering and unleashing your creative spirit.






No comments:

Post a Comment