C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Wearable Art

Yesterday was a perfectly lovely day to walk downtown to a craft show.  I always enjoy seeing the local art...and there's always something new that inspires me.

I'm pretty excited about my little splurge...a hand dyed silk poncho/scarf by artist Harhari Kaur. I love scarves but don't like them tight around my neck...so this is perfect for me. I am going to love it with my sleeveless brown dress....and it looked good with the black t-shirt and jeans I had on when I bought it.  I took this photo this evening breaking my "no pictures at night" rule because the artificial light distorts the color. It's a lovely shimmery sage green and is truly wearable art.

No comments:

Post a Comment