C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 21, 2016

Hanging in There

I almost gave up on these mums...I could barely keep them standing during the drought this summer. They lost most of their leaves and looked scrappy and sad...I almost pulled them up.

But late summer/early fall has brought some relief...and some rain.  The grass is greener now than it's been all season and the mums are hanging in there. They are standing tall... still a bit scrappy...but are starting to bloom. It's a nice little splash of color in my fall garden.

I wrote this post this afternoon....and ironically tonight we've had some torrential rain. If the mums made it though the storm...they should have plenty of water for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment