C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 14, 2016

Local Quilt Show

I love living in a town where I can walk to a local event. This afternoon Anita and I walked to the Lexington Rising Stars Quilters Guild quilt at one of the downtown churches.  I came home with this delightful assortment of 2 1/2 inch strips of Hoffman "dot pops" batiks.



It's inspiring to see the handiwork of others....and I always have a favorite.  This year is was "Peggy's Small World" by Peggy Boning.  The colors are a little distorted in this first view...but it was vibrant and fun.  So many details to enjoy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment