C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Star Progress

I've spent little chunks of time here and there on my fused star project...it's a slow work in progress.

After I made the first red star point (with the mistake)...I moved on to a green/yellow one. I sketched a plan for the other colors....then totally changed my mind.  I have a tendency to default to the whole rainbow spectrum quite often. But when I saw the red and green together I decided to keep this whole star in the reds and oranges. I'll use the other one in a green/blue scheme.

So here's where I'm at.  I have three points done...and am working on a 4th.  As I move out to the edge I don't need a whole point because it will be wrapped around to the back of a square canvas. This is how I can hide my mistake on the first point. I don't like the transition of that bottom point to the one next to it...but I can move them around or add another fused strip and make it flow better as I go.



This shows how I don't need to have the strips make a whole point...because it will wrap to the back. I will straighten out the line when I know exactly how much I need to wrap.


It may look like a bit of a mess...but I do think I have it figured out...and I'm looking forward to putting it together and getting some stitching on it. But that's for another chunk of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment