C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Star Snippets

Did you see the little bin of scraps in the top corner of the picture I posted yesterday?  It's the start of a good idea...I hope.



 When I trim my star strips I often end up with a little triangle. And...I've learned that scraps of fabric with fusible on the back are valuable. So I'm getting in the habit of cleaning them up a bit and keeping them in a container.


And periodically I'm going to pause and cut triangles from scraps from other projects. I want hundreds of them in all colors and sizes ready to go so eventually.....



....I could make something like this....or some other interesting mosaic looking piece. I may start cutting different shapes too....most mosaics are a mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment