C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 28, 2016

They're Back!

My little friends are back in the yard in South Portland.  Mushrooms are such interesting specimens....both really cool...and a bit creepy. The way they clump is almost like a little village.

I love how they nested in next to my fan flower (scaevola). How cool is mother nature!

Here's what I wrote a year ago.....I still love how the article described them:


"Most of the time, the fungi just stay hidden, breaking down organic material.  But, when the conditions are right, they burst forth, like desert flowers blooming after a rain." That makes it sound like such splendid "event."

I couldn't help but pause my yard work...and just explore them a bit.

Splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment