C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 7, 2016

Autumn Window

I love this autumn window of time when the trees in the corner of our yard in Lexington are in sync.  We have a massive Ginkgo (thank goodness it's not the stinky female) that's turning yellow, the Japanese maple is bright red, my Vibernum is still a deep green and the neighbors maple is bright orange. It's a stunning combo.






The wider view shows the dumpster in my neighbors yard.  They are in the middle of a MAJOR renovation...it's been a noisy summer and fall...but I'm excited for them.


The picture below is from two years ago when all the bright yellow leaves on the Ginkgo dropped in one day...it was awesome.  Last year they just turned yellowish brown and randomly dropped over a week or so.  I'm hoping for the more dramatic one day show this year again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment