C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 21, 2016

Dragon Flies....

....ginkgo leaves....and a smile. The last and final ginkgo post.  (probably)

My good friend Linda has been celebrating my ginkgo tree right along with me.  As a matter of fact she stopped by today and picked up some leaves.  She told me a few days ago that two of her favorite things are ginkgo leaves and dragon flies...so here you go Linda...this is for you! This little guy sits in the garden by my front door...and is quite content surrounded by a yellow blanket.

I could stretch my ginkgo stories and photos out for weeks....but it might be time to move on.  But here are a few "day after" photos and a few more thoughts.

It snowed a little last night....so the carpet of yellow took on a whole new glow this morning.  The fact that they fell yesterday...and there was snow today was a clear sign that the season has turned.


There are still a few stragglers left on the tree....but with the temperature drop I'm sure not for long.

And the leaves are everywhere....on every side of my house....down the street....on the roof out every window and nested in every bush.  It's a mess....but oddly comforting.

"Nothing dies as beautifully as autumn." 

Ashlee Willis 






No comments:

Post a Comment