C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Joy?

I was a bit paralyzed this morning....so many emotions.

Paul went off to work facing the daunting task of being a minister in these crazy and divisive times. But as he walked out the door he acknowledged and expressed gratitude for what we have that is good. That gave me comfort all day long.

A little later my son Sam texted that he loved me. He ended our exchange with "there is nothing but the work of love ahead." That gave me hope.

I mostly kept away from the TV and internet....I put on some music and puttered around my house. That gave me some peace.

Joy?  I'm not sure that's the right word today. But I'm grateful for and proud of my family and my dining room is dusted and vacuumed....and that's all good.


I also kept an eye on the Ginkgo tree. There's still some "green" in those leaves...so they're not quite ready to fall.






No comments:

Post a Comment