C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 14, 2016

New Perspective

I went for a walk with Anita and Janet this morning and on my way back home I had this new perspective of the Ginkgo tree. It really shows how big it is....and it's a nice view of our house.

Some of you many be saying...enough all ready with the tree....but you'll just have to hang on. For some reason it's one of the things I'm celebrating this fall. But I'm actually in Maine now for a few days so I may miss the leaves falling. I do, however, have my scouts keeping an eye on things. Paul reported in this afternoon telling me it was status quo.

I wandered down to Bug Light Park this evening for the supermoon rise....and it was like a little community event. It was 54 degrees...children were running around....people were happy and chatty...it was festive and fun.  The sunset over Portland was a nice treat while we were waiting.  

In no way does this photo do the moon justice....but it was fun seeing it rise next to my favorite little light house. I tried to keep my camera down...and just enjoy the event....my son Sam would be proud of me. The moon seemed so big in person...and it looks so tiny in this picture. 

Since I just mentioned him a few days ago...I'll share Corey Templeton's photo of the supermoon over City Hall in Portland he just posted on Facebook. Now that's a supermoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment