C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 26, 2016

Aha!

I love a good aha moment!

It's almost the end of the year...so time for a new planner for Connie....planner #9 to be exact. I had big plans for a more creative cover this time....but because of my crazy schedule lately I'm settling for pretty fabric.

My big "aha" moment was to use Wonder Under (fusible webbing) rather than glue to adhere the fabric to the cardboard covers...and it worked like a dream!


I had the signatures printed and stitched together before my trip to Colorado so I just needed to cover the boards and put it all together. I think I'm getting better at this stitching.

Stitching of the signatures in process.

I chose a cheery colorful floral batik that I thought Connie would like.

I'm not all that great at glueing fabric on these boards. I often use too much which causes warping...so using the Wonder Under was awesome. I didn't have to weigh it down under a pile of books for a day or two waiting for the glue to dry. 
I ironed the fusible on one side of the batik...then peeled the paper off and fused it to the cover boards. It was a little tricky because I had to iron on the fabric side so had to make sure the boards were positioned correctly underneath. The fabric fused to the boards perfectly and permanently and no warping!!!

I clipped the fabric corners and wrapped and fused the extra fabric around the edges of the boards. I can't believe how much easier this was than using glue!!!  I'll never go back! Merry Christmas Connie!                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment