C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Christmas Cactus

I'm safely in Colorado and Margie is home and doing very well. It's good to be here.

We have had such a mild fall and early winter on the east coast that this morning's temperature here in Greeley is a little jarring. But all is well....and there's a bit of a warm up coming in a few days.  
A while back I got a Christmas cactus cutting from Cheryl as a little thank you gift. It's been slowly getting established...and I noticed just before I left that it's about to bloom for the first time.

I love winter blooms....and there are several little buds coming so it should still be blooming when I get back. Cheryl is the same friend who gave me a cutting from her mom's violet which also tends to bloom in the winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment