C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

It's time....

....for a winter puzzle.

I have fond memories growing up doing family puzzles over Christmas vacation....and I've been doing them ever since. Treasured family memories and traditions are the best heirlooms.

I have said this before...but I'm going to say it again....puzzles are good for me. They provide an opportunity to pause...to slow down. Sometimes I just sit for a few minutes...sometimes longer.  I can listen to an audio book, watch TV, or just enjoy the quiet.




This one is kind of crazy and colorful....full of tiny trinkets and sweet little vignettes. It would make a good "I Spy" picture when it's done.













I used to be the teacher for a girls' transition program in Falmouth, Maine. The girls who came through my program often faced unique challenges and struggles and some missed out on typical childhood experiences. 


We almost always had a puzzle going in the classroom and everyone loved it. It was a good distraction and sitting at the puzzle table provided opportunity for great conversations. It's amazing how much easier a conversation can be for some when you don't have to make eye contact.



No comments:

Post a Comment