C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 19, 2016

Nativity

As I spend some of this week opening the mountain of mail and preparing for Christmas I'm going to share a few fun handmade things I rediscovered at Margie's. One of the perks of helping her set up for Christmas was getting to see decorations and treasures I hadn't seen for a long time.

Years ago I commissioned my sister Angie to make this wooden nativity set for Margie and Dave.  Each character is puzzled together with separate pieces of stained or painted wood.  I think the detail is incredible. This year it will sit on Margie's coffee table.



Angie also made a nativity puzzle that I wrote about here...she's a master with a saw. I always wished I would have been able to take wood shop in school....I'm actually afraid of power saws.

No comments:

Post a Comment