C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, December 9, 2016

Pay Attention

We draw names in Paul's family for Christmas. We keep it pretty simple...sometimes we have a theme...sometimes just a free for all like this year. I am always appreciative when the name I have drops a hint for me without even knowing it.  This year I drew my nephew Langston who is a senior in high school. As I was thinking about what I was going to get him he posted this on his Facebook page:



Thank you Langston!  So while I'm here in Colorado....I'm going to make him some sort of a collage/art piece out of his grandmother, Margie's junk mail and recycling. I brought a few supplies with me....but the rest I'm going to scrounge for.   

This is the start of the pile I junk mail so far on Margie's table. Does it look hopeful?

I did bring this wooden canvas I picked up at the Goodwill store. I wish I would have take a before picture...it was pretty ugly.  Today I painted it black in preparation for my collage.

Is anybody worried?

Last year my brother-in-law chuck posted the following....and guess what he got.... a red mustang remote control car to entertain his great nieces and nephew! Be careful what you ask for! I pay attention!




No comments:

Post a Comment