C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Winter Solstice

"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour." John Boswell

Today is the first day of winter...and the shortest day of the year. I know there are people who struggle with the darker days....but I kind of like them. I enjoy cozy evenings, candles at dinner, and unusual lighting.


I found this picture below in my archives taken on December 20th (day before the solstice) in 2008. The sun set today a 4:15 and by Friday we will already gain a minute....the sun setting at 4:16. But during this slow crawl towards longer days....I will embrace the dark.



2 comments:

  1. I have also learned to appreciate winter and embrace the darkness and short days. It makes 1/4 of the year more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know.....so glad you learned to embrace winter!

      Delete