C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, January 2, 2017

A New Year....

....a new wall calendar.

This year I bought "Feathered Friends" by Geninne D Zlatkis.  I've been following her art for years and especially enjoy her watercolor birds.



















I've slowly adjusted to having a calendar on my phone and computer....but I won't give up the family wall calendar.  I enjoy the splash of color in the kitchen and I still like writing on an actual calendar. And the best part is I have a beautiful calendar to repurpose at the end of the year!
The calendar goes well with my colorful little tiles and the resin birds that sit on their rustic park bench.  

Check out Geninne's blog where you will find years and years of her art.

Or...check out her Facebook page where where she posts almost daily about her art and life in Santa Fe, New Mexico. 
This bird collage by Geninne was the inspiration for this mixed media collage I did a while back in a shared art journal.  I wrote about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment