C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Holiday Lights

I spent most of the day in Portland, Maine and I was happy to be there late enough into the day to enjoy the holiday lights. It was my first meeting with a realtor as I begin the journey of finding a house to make a long term home. I'm not going to rush it...but I have begun.

My mind is racing with thoughts about houses....and what "home" means to me. It may seem silly...but there is something about the holiday lights of Portland that feel like home.  One thing I know for sure is that "home" is more than just the house.

Photos courtesy of Corey Templeton photography.

Photo courtesy of Bangor Daily News.

No comments:

Post a Comment