C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 19, 2017

It Never Hurts to Ask

Anita and I spied a large beautiful birch branch in my neighbor's front yard on our walk this morning. I wondered if I would be doing them a favor by taking it off their hands....or maybe they dragged it home from another neighbor's yard. It never hurts to ask. 

Heather was happy to have me to take it off her hands.  It had fallen from a tree in their back yard and her kids dragged it to the front. She thought about keeping it...but was kind of glad someone else wanted it.

So now I have a very large...very cool branch to play with in the spring. And I made a connection with a neighbor. Win win!

And as I dragged the branch up my driveway I had a treat waiting for me.  A light layer of snow fell over night coating the driveway and the trees. The temperature was rising and the snow was melting from the trees plopping in big drops turning the driveway into a polka dotted masterpiece!  It kind of looks like granite.


No comments:

Post a Comment