C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Map Doodle

I acquired a whole stack of topographical maps from the University of Southern Maine library a while back...they were free for the taking. Some are mounted on heavy card stock...some are regular map weight. I knew there would be creative ways to use them.

I used a part of one for this doodle I did while watching TV last night. This particular map was mostly green...but some have more blue water...some more white...some a nice mix. I think the map adds some interesting texture and they'll also make great backgrounds for collaging. I'll use this in some way in one of my art journals...but it was good thing just to doodle.




No comments:

Post a Comment