C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, January 27, 2017

"Real Hero"

"Anyone can slay a dragon, he told me, but try waking up every morning & loving the world all over again. That takes a real hero."  Story People

This "Story of the Day" struck a chord with me! There are so many distracting dragons these days that I have to remind myself to love the world that's right in front of me.


I went for a long walk with Anita this morning on the bike path ending at Season's Four...a lovely home and garden store. It was a perfect day for a walk. The clouds were both dark and light, the sky was a variety of blues, and the sun coming through the clouds was spectacular. We took time to notice things that we don't see in the summer when the trees are leafed out and I loved the world all over again.


 Fun sea glass colored bottles at Seasons Four....the whole store is a treat for the eyes.


And....a tiny little splash of color....can you see it?

Look closely you'll see the orange balloon in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment