C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Sliver of Soap

I worked on my little landscape project today. 

I think I've mentioned the tip from Melody Johnson that a sliver of soap works well for marking fabric....it just fades away during the ironing process.






After I finalized the fabrics for the hills in the foreground I marked a soap line on the darker distant hill so I would know where to cut away valuable fused fabric.



I repeated the marking and cutting away process so there was no waste hidden behind.
Then I started top stitching.  I wasn't too happy with the narrow lines on the dark green....it's too much like the sky...but ripping it out was not an option.  I changed it up for the lighter green hill and for now I'm leaving the aqua foreground just plain. I may add some vertical grasses or french knots...but I'll make that decision later.


I'm keeping this mantra in my head...KEEP IT SIMPLE! I'm going to create a bit of a starry sky with some tiny beads and sequence...so I'm marking where I want to start with some little clusters. The handwork will be a good project while I watch TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment