C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Someone's trash...

...is my treasure.

I'm always on the lookout for canvases and frames to repurpose and I find them at the Goodwill store, garage sales, and even the trash.  All it takes is a little black paint or gesso and they're good as new.

This rather strange rooster canvas is being reinvented for my wool and button project. I think I paid $1 for it at the Goodwill store.

I'm still tweaking the wool piece...adding one little felted circle at a time...or a button here and there. I may have already crossed the line of "too much" but that's a lesson I may never learn. Some placement mistakes were made along the way that can't be undone....so I'm just hoping for balance at this point. 
Once I'm happy enough with it...I'll attach it to the canvas using gel medium for the center and double sided fabric tape for the edges. 



It may seem like the project that never ends...but I only work on it a little here and there....most of the time it just sits.

No comments:

Post a Comment