C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 18, 2017

"Designed by a Quilter"

I got an e-mail this morning that my little mixed media piece made it on the Folt Bolt color scheme board and you can check it out here.  It's always fun to see something you made on a public site.                                                                                                            
This past fall I bought a 12 x 12 portable ironing board at a local quilt show here in Lexington. They had many bright patterns...but I chose the most neutral one they had so things I was ironing wouldn't get lost in the pattern.

It's from TNT Quilt Boards  and is "designed by a quilter...made by a quilter's husband" right here in Massachusetts.  I have used it a few times...but during my latest project its usefulness became crystal clear.

This is the back side.
It's nicely made and very solid.


I assembled and fused the color scheme project on release paper right on the board. Because it has a bit of a loft I was able to pin pieces and prop it up and stand back up to assess. I could work on my lap or the table and iron as I went. I love that it's lightweight and completely portable. I also fell in love with their larger rectangular quilter's boards...and would love to own one of those one day.  
Nice job TNT Quilt Boards! It's nice when a quilter designs for a quilter.


2 comments:

  1. Where can I get one of those boards? Nice project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shari! I realized the link in the post was a dead end. I got the board at a quilt show from TNT quilt boards. Here is their website: https://www.tntquiltboards.com/

      Delete