C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Loveland

When Paul was in high school his family moved to Loveland, Colorado where Valentines Day was a big deal. People from all over would take their valentine cards to the local post office just so they would have the "Loveland" post mark.

Image found on Loveland Chamber of Commerce site.

And almost every year I got some sort of a sweet little valentine from Paul's dad, Dave with that famous postmark.  Generally it was a card...but sometimes it was a sweet little trinket.  One special little guy lives in my printers drawer in the dining room and in honor of Valentines Day I have turned him around.

 

Another treasure from Dave in my printers drawer is this handsome hand carved figure. I'm thinking about you Dave! And I'm thinking about my sister Nancy who has a Valentines Day birthday!  



And...a shout out to Paul....the love of my life! Here he is all tuckered out at the end of our wedding day.  And yes, he was wearing monkey socks. And you thought people only make monkeys out of them.                                                                                            


1 comment: