C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Uncovering Treasures

One of the side benefits of my "focused fifteen" organizing project is uncovering treasures that weren't necessarily lost but certainly forgotten.

A few days ago I cleaned out and organized the lower cupboard of my dining room built in and found a box of treasures I had forgotten about. It's a bit of a mixture...but mostly fun little things from my old doll house.

That got me thinking....

I acquired this rustic shadow box a while back and thought I could use it to display the tiny treasures. So I searched my house for a spot and spent an hour or so today pulling it together. This dollhouse "mini- hold" was helpful...it's a putty like substance that helps keep things in place.                                                                       

All of these things are tiny....but the little farm animals on top of the coke box...are really teeny tiny. That adorable little train is only 2 inches long and less than 1/2 inch tall.  I've love the little "Grandma's Trunk" and the box of "Dorothy Dainty Ribbons."

I hung it in the upstairs hallway....I walk by it every day.  I moved this shelf here a few months ago have been filling it with handmade things including felted acorns, paper stars, and my treasured shared art projects and journals. The whole thing is still a work in progress but I'm having fun puling it together.




2 comments:

  1. You can make your own I spy book! It would also make a wonderful jigsaw puzzle. Look at me with all of my ideas for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I could! My whole house would make a perfect I spy book! No shortage of fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete