C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, March 17, 2017

Bein' Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  

I used to love watching Sesame Street with my kids....there was enough clever humor for me and enough of everything for them.  

I'm especially fond of Kermit....and love his little song "It's Not Easy Be'in Green."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZxxHbJGbY

My little Kermit moves around...but for now he's on my kitchen window sill.


It's not that easy being green;
having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow, or gold...
or something much more colorful like that.

It's not easy being green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're 
not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water...
or stars in the sky.

But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like an ocean, 
or important like a mountain,
or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder?
Why wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment