C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Finish Work

Fabric, Buttons, and Art Papers


The finish work is done on my little mixed media project inspired by Folt Bolt's March color scheme. Like many of my projects there are things I would have done differently...but I'm pretty happy with it.

You can see the steps in this project in several previous posts.






I am a big button fan...so added a few more.



I used a thin layer of gel medium to adhere it to the front of the panel. This gave me the opportunity to make sure it was centered and secured before I fused the border which is backed with Wonder Under.
Then I clipped, wrapped, and ironed.  I had barely enough fabric to wrap around to the back....next time I'll make sure I have a little more. 

Because I wanted to make sure that the sides were fused well I used a piece of the release paper as a pressing cloth. I didn't want to risk scorching the fabric while I ironed.
There are a few bumps and lumps and that might have been avoided if I put a thin layer of batting under the front like I did on the last one. There's always next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment