C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Focal Point

I was just about ready to go back to the drawing board with my project. I was struggling with a focal point against that busy center square but I was determined to make it work. In the end I decided to do a plant pot similar to what I did on the last project.

I started by fusing skinny strips using hand dyed fabric. But I didn't think the first one had enough contrast to the busy background...it blended in too much.


So I picked more of a contrasting muted green and made round two. It think this one shows up a little better....the color looks better in person.







I have been using this leaf fabric I had in my stash. I ironed fusible webbing on the back of and I've been cutting from if for these last projects.  
I added a little joy...and green pinstripe fabric border just like the neutral I used in February.  The final step is fusing it onto the paint panel....but that's for another day. I'm glad I mulled this one over...I'm pretty happy with my little green scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment