C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Savoring

....the finish line.

My friend Becky recently finished two puzzles in a relatively short amount of time. I know lots of people who can't leave them alone once they start. Becky joked about having to set a timer to remind her to stop. Not me. I love my puzzles...but I'm OK with a few minutes here...fifteen or twenty minutes there. Sometimes they sit untouched for days...even weeks. I've been plugging away at this one since Christmas.

But...I'm getting close and I'm savoring the finish line.  I very purposefully only do a few pieces at a time here at the end....they go in so fast at this point and I like to stretch it out.  I don't really know why...it's just what I do...it works for me.

2 comments: