C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

"Big Magic"

I was recently looking through some notes I took while listening to Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert. I wouldn't have necessarily been drawn to this book had I not heard an interview with Elizabeth a while back....but it caught my attention and was just what I needed at the time. Her book is about celebrating and fostering a creative life. 

There was a lot there for me and I'll share a few of the nuggets I took away in some of my next posts. Since these are from my notes...they may not be exact wording from the book.

The cool shadows in this
pictures were a nice surprise!

"Creativity is the relationship between a human being and the mysteries of inspiration."

"Do you have the courage to bring forth the treasures that are hidden within you?"

"Creative living is a life driven more by curiosity than fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment