C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 16, 2017

"Stupendously Imperfect!"

"Allow what you do to be stupendously imperfect...done is better than perfect."  Big Magic


I finished my Folt Bolt April color scheme hydrangea project this afternoon.  We'll see if Kriszta posts it....you never know.  

I switched gears a couple of times but landed in a pretty good place. It's far from perfect....but it's done.  If you missed how I came up with the idea for the petals you can check it out here.

 
For my other Folt Bolt pieces I used a 6" by 6" paint panel for mounting.  My intention was to use the same size for this one and wrap the patchwork background around the panel....but I didn't like it.  My image was too big and I lost too much of the background.  I had a bigger 8" by 8" panel on hand which I was determined to make work. I wrapped and fused blue batik to the panel and added a pinstripe border around the edge of the quilt. For all you Project Runway fans....this is called a "make it work" moment. "Done is better than perfect!"




No comments:

Post a Comment