C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Another Stab Binding Book

This last Monday was class number 4 of the stitched book binding class and we made an accordion spine stab binding book. That's quite a mouthful.


Using a long piece of card stock we prepared the spine....score, fold, punch. In each of the valleys we inserted a signature of 4 folios. A folio is a single sheet of folded paper. The wings of the spine will be glued to the covers.


We stitched the signatures into the pleats using the stab binding stitch we learned last week. In this photo I'm almost there.

The stitching is done and it's ready to glue to the cover boards which I wrapped in art paper.

The contrasting spine is fun...so many ways to embellish it and change it up. Next week it's coptic stitch binding. That's the stitch I've been limping along with on Connie's planners. I'm looking forward to learn more tips and tricks. Connie, by the way, has rebounded a bit and doing better. I still spend a meal time with her almost every day and she enjoys seeing my handmade books.


No comments:

Post a Comment