C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, May 27, 2017

I'm Getting There!

I've made some progress on my May Folt Bolt color scheme project.  I decided I didn't like the placement of the tiny little "joy"....so I added a bigger one.  I will strategically cover the other one with a leaf or a flower. I trimmed the piece to the size of my paint panel and added a tone on tone polka dotted border that will be fused around the canvas.


I also chose some buttons....there will always be buttons.



Because the backs of the needle punched tufts are glued and sealed....I ended up cutting all the back ground fabric off....it's just going to work better. Once I get it mounted I will glue them on separately using tacky glue. I'm still trying to decide whether I'm adding leaves....we'll see.

I worked on the hand stitching this evening...blanket stitches around the flower dots and backstitched stems.  I'm getting there!                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment