C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Seeing and Celebrating

As I was tackling yard work today and I was stopped in my tracks when I saw this seed pod in the driveway. 

I had to do a little investigating and learned it was from the giant elm tree in my back yard. Giant elm trees are rare these days because of Dutch Elm
disease. I'm sure I've seen them before...but I didn't "REALLY SEE" them until today. It looked like a sweet little flower on the asphalt....so pretty with the little pink centers.

So guess what I did?  I collected a bowl full and brought them in to dry.

As I was taking a different picture the other day Paul asked me if I do anything without thinking about the blog. The answer is of course I do.  But when I see something creative or beautiful I celebrate it. This blog has taught me to do that. Pause, look, celebrate, share. Today it's elm tree droppings.


No comments:

Post a Comment