C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 23, 2017

Clarke and the Coast

My niece Clarke is visiting and if you've been following along on this blog for a while you know she's had quite a presence here.  Her FEMA Corps team is stationed in Philadelphia right now so she came up on the bus for a long weekend vacation.

Today we spent a good chunk of the day out and about in Maine and took that 20 minute drive to Bug Light Park.




We did a little beach combing at what I call the junk beach.  These are Clarke's treasures all washed, organized, and drying on the patio. Up close some of these rocks are really beautiful!




Do you see my "find" in the picture on the left? I tried to take a shadow selfie with the heart rock in the right spot on my chest....but the sun was so bright I couldn't really see what I was doing.                                                            
 

This was my favorite....it's actually a round rock with heart shape markings. 
You gotta love a day on the coast...with Clarke.


No comments:

Post a Comment