C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Form and Function

Almost 50 church people gathered in our backyard last night for the first "Hancock Grill."  The weather was perfect, the food was great, and everyone seemed to have a good time. Every Wednesday for most of the summer someone hosts a "grill" in their back yard. People bring their own meat and a dish to pass. It's a nice way for church folks to gather and enjoy each other's company and the outdoor season....and they are very well attended.

It was for both form and function that I lined the edges of my gardens with Christmas lights. It made for a lovely setting and festive mood...and helped guide the path for people back around the house to their cars. I thought this was a stroke of brilliance if I do say so myself.  



No comments:

Post a Comment