C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 9, 2017

Good Mix

Today was a good mix of work and play....but as a follow-up on my "pausing" post from yesterday I'm going to celebrate the "play" in this post.  I may report in on some of the work another time.

It's so nice to have a patio right off the living area. I snuck this picture of Paul reading...which turned into a nap this afternoon.

We had a really great cozy deck at the last house...but to get to it you had to go down the steps and out through the garage. I really like this easy access. It will take a while to get this space as cozy and attractive as the deck was...but I'm OK with that...the view is enough for now. The cozy will come. If you follow the link above...you will see what we lived with for a while last time.

And as I was sitting on the couch I also realized I haven't lived in a place where I could be sitting in the living room and see the outdoors quite as well.  I will enjoy watching storms, the snow, and certainly the wildlife.


I found a little time to put my feet up too. I'm really enjoying the woods....such a peaceful setting and I love all the ferns and woodland plants. The previous owners kept the scruff cut down and the trees limbed up a bit so you can really see in a long way. He also built the little wall using rocks he found in the woods. It's a nice division between the spaces. 

Before dinner Paul and I played dominoes....we often play games while we are pausing in Maine. Dominoes, backgammon and cribbage are our favorites.


Low score wins in dominoes so I was the winner today. We've been keeping this little notebook with our game scores since 2014. This was the first entry in new home. I'm glad I was able to put my hands on it...our last entry was October 6th.  It's nice to be back at it....games are a good thing.

And finally grilled burgers, salad and slaw for dinner on the patio....which led into a beautiful evening....

with a good mix of lighting from the solar lights....


and the sun. Life is good pausing in Maine.

And in case this is helpful to anyone....the New England Sports Network now has an app called NESN GO which allows you to watch whatever is on NESN if you are a subscriber on your iPad or iPhone.  So now Paul can even watch the Red Sox games up here where we have the internet...but no cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment