C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 5, 2017

Inspiration Colors

By the time I left the condo on Saturday it was quite functional and starting to feel more like a home. The furniture was in place, the beds were made and there were dishes in the cupboards. All the rooms will eventually be painted....but in the mean time I put a few things on the walls because I needed some color.  I can audition pieces in different spots without worrying about nail holes. What's a few more holes to fill...I find spackling oddly satisfying.

My birds landed in the front hallway and pick up all the colors in the inspiration rug.

I think they might stay here but don't hold me to that. I have always loved this print....a simple inexpensive poster I found a long time ago and had framed. Framing makes all the difference. It has lived in a variety of houses in a variety of spots in each house.


My floral cross stitch is another favorite piece....and again....goes well with the rug. I guess it's going to be easy to infuse the inspiration colors....it's what I already have. 


I chose to bring up one of my jars of Adam's stars this first trip. I forgot many needed functional items like a broom, a hairdryer, and a screwdriver...or any tools at all....but I had my lucky stars! I knew they would make it feel like home. Here's where this jar lived in the South Portland house. My collection of stars continue to be the thing in my home people ask me about the most.


I found this lamp at a consignment shop down the street from the condo. I thought it would make a good focal point in the living room....you can see it as you come in the front door.  I got it for a very reasonable price because it has a little crack in the back.  I love the colors and the simplicity of the design and it gives off a nice glow in the evening.



I'm using one of the spare bedrooms as place to spread things out....here's most of the art from the South Portland house.. Once I get the other decorating items moved up it will be one stop shopping.  


No comments:

Post a Comment