C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sitting...Stitching...

...and seed pods.

I spent a good chunk of the day sitting with Connie....it certainly was the most important thing I did today.

But the quiet day also gave me a chance to do some of the hand stitching on my August project. You can see that I chose a red and white striped border to brighten it up a little. This one will be mounted on a stained paint panel.


During a break I walked around the property. In the courtyard garden fountain I found a couple of lotus buds and a seed pod. I'll have to keep an eye on the buds...it will be fun to see them in bloom.

I'm quite fond of lotus seed pods. Some of you may remember I used them in a spring bouquet where I filled some of the holes with wool felted balls.

Yes...it was a sitting, stitching, and seed pod kind of day.



No comments:

Post a Comment