C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 6, 2017

Shadow Week

For my "Consciously Creative" class this week we have been focusing on shadows, atmosphere, and mood....perfect timing. 

Angie uses a wheelchair to get around her house but she parks it in a little pass through hallway and uses a walker in the bathroom. As we were both headed to bed a few nights ago and I was walking through her house turning off lights and I came through the living room to this view. There was such a sense of mood and atmosphere in the room.

There were so many shadows and dark silhouettes in the living room yet the wheelchair was illuminated by the light in the hall. I was overcome with emotion.  Not only because the highlighted chair emphasized the reality of her situation but it reminded me of the meaningful connection we are making this week.  I may not have tuned into this had it not been for this week's lesson.



Here are a some of the photos I submitted for class.  All of them have been edited to try and emphasize the mood and atmosphere at the moment. 


The country roads have been amazing in the early mornings and the evenings.  I have bonded with the corn. It was not about a beautiful photo...it was about creating a feeling.


 A glimpse of my sister's house as I walked down the down the road.


When the corn is actively growing it's upright....but it turns down in the fall to dry staying protected by the husk.  Nature is so amazing.

It has been a very powerful and contemplative week for me.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, that photo of your sister's wheelchair is stunning. You should consider submitting that somewhere...

    ReplyDelete