C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 15, 2017

"Word Play"

While out on a walk today I wandered in to take a look at the new exhibition at Gallery Blink here in Lexington.  The theme was "word play" and once again from the moment I walked in the door I was in awe. It's certainly worth checking out....it ends October 22nd. 



All the art was inspired by text and several pieces incorporated old books, recycled magazines, or hand lettering.


 I am constantly amazed at how beautifully the pieces are displayed and I always drawn to the mantle displays. The green balls on the mantle were eye catching from a distance...and I couldn't believe what they were when I got up close. Notice the racket next to the fireplace screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment