C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 11, 2017

Do it!

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it."  Amelia Earhart

It was a good "do it" kind of day. One of the things I did was play around a little bit with the base fabrics for my December Folt Bolt project.

I had done this rough little sketch several days ago....and I'm going with it more or less.



I built up layers of solids and batiks along the bottom. As of now I think I'm going to wrap the whole thing around the paint panel so that's why there's the wide solid at the bottom. I will make that decision a little later. I am wondering if it will be better with some sort of a border.  As I write this I'm thinking I might add a border just around the gray at the top....hmmmm



If I tighten up the photo....this is the view that will be on top of the panel...with the bottle of pine sprigs on the right.  Tomorrow I'll add the batting and top-stitch. I've said it before....and I'll say it again..."stitching makes all the difference!"

I wanted to keep the top very simple so the hand stitched pine branches will really stand out.






No comments:

Post a Comment