C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, March 5, 2018

Rainbow Order

More rainbow wool circles ready to go....I may not need them all but I'll figure that out as I go. Some of the circles will be needle felted.


Last May I wrote about an article called "The Indisputable Joy of Things Arranged in Rainbow Order"....which was about a book called The Encyclopedia of Rainbows by Julie Seabrook Ream. You can read that post here.

Thanks to my good friend Becky....I now own the book. What a delight!
 You know me well Becky...thank you!



6 comments:

  1. A friend is hunting for good quality wool felt. The color assortment you have is impressive. Do you have a favorite source where you get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately all my felt is from a local fabric store that has closed. They had beautiful bundles of smaller pieces in beautiful colors...I would pick up a bundle every time I went. I also got some at different quilt shows. A lot of these circles are actual wool fabric generally used for hooking rugs....also from that same store. It took years to build up my stash. I know Etsy has a lot of sources....but I've never ordered. Is she looking for large quantities? I would be happy to put together a little bundle for her. If that's of interest have her get in touch with me. Thanks Lynne!

      Delete
  2. Ah the sad story of so many wonderful things we've found over the year! I've alerted her to your post. Such a generous offer. Thanks for responding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....it seems more and more we have to buy things on line. I love seeing and feeling fabric and fibers before I buy them.

      Delete
  3. Yes I guess I know you by now. Glad you liked it. I was hoping you didn't have it but wouldn't have been surprised if you did!

    ReplyDelete