Pages - Menu

Sunday, August 23, 2026

No Surprise

You don't have to do everything. Just do the next thing.

It's probably no surprise that I picked up the seaweed for a cyanotype experiment. I was completely inspired by prints I saw on Instagram by cyanokai.......and I knew I needed to give it a try.

This one was my favorite prints so far.

The seaweed I picked up was quite different than hers....but I got some interesting results. There is a little bit of translucency in the plants....and I worked with it wet giving even more texture and interest.

I'm going to be keeping my eye out for interesting seaweed and kelp when I'm at the coast. I love how wonky and irregular it is.

6 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, who has more fun that you do? NO ONE, that's who!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....I do have a lot of fun making just about anything!

      Delete
  2. From your last post, I looove Patty's pink hydrangeas, and what an interesting bunch of grapes! As for the seaweed, it does make a very interesting cyanotype. I look forward to seeing more of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....aren't Patty's hydrangea beautiful! Thanks for the thumbs up on the seaweed cyanotype.

      Delete