Pages - Menu

Friday, September 18, 2026

After it Rains

The second half of our summer here in Maine has been dry. So when it rains...I celebrate!

My rain gauge has been missing in action all summer....so I've been using this votive candle holder as a stand in. It's working just fine and I was pleased with the beneficial amount of overnight rain. 

After it rains I always look for raindrops. And that often leads to noticing something special...like the pinky red new growth on my andromeda. Oh how I love the day after it rains! 


4 comments:

  1. I think you got considerably more rain than we did—lucky you! And oh! the raindrops and pinky red new leaves on your andromeda! Thank you for being on the lookout and sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! Wish you would have gotten more....and we still need much more. I do love to look and share!

      Delete
  2. Rain makes everything sparkle, doesn't it? Love your Andromeda, MaryAnn. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! I feel the grass...and the gardens dancing with joy when it rains. You have a great weekend too!

      Delete