C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Photo Collage for all Occasions!


Like I mentioned before...once I got started making these photo collages....I didn't stop. They make a great personal gift...capturing a special occasion or place. The possibilities are endless! I generally frame them in the simple black frames where the glass snaps in the front. Not only are they readily available in many sizes but they're very reasonable...and the frames just fade away. These are photographs of the collages so there are flashbulb reflections and the colors are a little off...but you'll get the idea.

I made this one for my son, Sam, commemorating his trip to Greece his senior year in high school.  I had one tiny spot on the left to fill in so I used the tip of the wing of the plane.  These are the little details that I love...and are possible when making them by hand.





This one was made for my son Nate...honoring some of the memorable...and funny moments of his life.  I added some memorabilia such as a ticket from his first concert and Red Sox game, some of his childhood artwork...and his baseball card from little league. It hangs in my craft room until he has a bigger place.

This one was made for my friend Patsy...she frequently hosts stitching weekends at her get-a-way home on the coast of Maine.  The house sits on a point with water on three sides. It's one of my favorite places to connect and recharge!

This photo is a little fuzzy so it's hard to see the detail.  I like the little trio of lights in the middle...one of which is the cupola on their barn.  

The small cabin at the bottom is where we used to stay on the property before Patsy and Brian built the house.

At some point there will be more...and better pictures of this beautiful place.

I spent a weekend with my sister, Marilyn, one fall and we visited a pumpkin farm. I always welcome the fall colors and had fun putting this together for her.

Take note of the two polka dotted pumpkins in the middle...this was Marilyn's idea.  We spent quite a bit of time that weekend looking for an apple corer like the one found here. We didn't have any luck but I later found one on line. Using the apple corer you take plugs from each pumpkin and trade them. Such fun!

This was a gift to my sister, LaVonn, and her husband, Tim, and features views from their farm in Wisconsin.  It's hard to tell...but there are several partial views of some funky welded iron sculptures made from junk by their son Ben for 4-H.


There are more...but the last one I will share I made for my brother Rich before he passed away. He bought the farm we grew up on after my parents died and made it his home with his wife Carol, and their two boys, Henry and Charlie.  There are views up, down, and across the road we played and rode our bikes on. We used to play a silly game called "hide behind the three trees" in the front yard. (lower left corner)  Rich loved his garden and always grew pumpkins...he would carve their initials in the young pumpkins and they would scar over...kind of a pumpkin tattoo. Right under the pumpkin is chewing tobacco drying in a shed.  We spent hours and hours working in the tobacco fields.
I miss you Rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment