C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Instant Art




Several years ago there was an article in Martha Stewart Magazine about bottle collecting.  There were eight pages of beautiful bottles all lined up on the same surface.  I loved them!  I carefully cut out the pages with an x-acto knife, color copied them onto cardstock and put them in these simple 6 x 8 frames.  That's almost five feet of instant art in my upstairs bathroom.  There actually is an 8th page...but my space wasn't long enough.  I have done a set for three other friends.  Thanks Martha!



This is the same set of bottles, reduced on my home printer, carefully cut out in little chunks, and glued back together with spacers so it stands on it's own.  It's about four inches high.

No comments:

Post a Comment